Welcome to the Brule County Register of Deeds Office. This office provides several services to the county and is the primary county record-keeping and archival office. This is also an excellent source for genealogy information.
Following is a list of our main functions and records available:
- Vital Records-certified copies are available for birth, death, and marriage. We also have burial records beginning in 1941. Brule County does not accept credit cards for online orders; however,
for your convenience, you can process online requests though an
independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this
service; VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek can be reached either through its website, www.vitalchek.com, or by phone at 1-800-255-2414.An Additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service,and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express,Discover, Mastercard or Visa.
a. Birth-$15; we have access to all records statewide from 1905
b. Death-$15;deaths in Brule County from 1960, statewide
c. Marriage-$15; records from 1882 in Brule County, after 1950 statewide.
- Issue of Marriage Licenses
a. Cost is $40 and the license is valid for 20 days from the date of issuance.
- Recording of real estate documents (plats, deeds, mortgages, satisfactions, assignments, etc.)
- Filing of fictitious or Business Names
- UCC filings (fixture filings attached to the land only)
- Filing of liens (hospital, county, mechanics, federal, & state tax liens)
- Filing of Military Discharge
- Filing dam/dugout locations notices
Link to SD Department of Health in Pierre, SD:
Brule County Register of Deeds
300 S. Courtland St, Ste 110
Chamberlain, SD 57325